Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spiderwort 3.26.14

These are just a few of the Spiderwort plants around the place. There are several out front and along the front of the screen room.

024cs

I can have my morning coffee  in the screen room and watch the Honey Bees gather pollen. You can see a bit on this one.

008cs

There are several flowers in this group and one or two will open each day. By afternoon they are closed or gone.

009cs

This girl has been working hard packing her pollen baskets.

014cs

The plants grow in big clumps like this and spread.

017cs

They grow wild along the roadside. We have one area that is mowed each year so I try to get a few plants before then.

If it grows wild….the Honey Bees work it….I dig some up and plant it. I think most of the stuff in my yard is considered weeds by most people.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always on the look out for plants my bees can use. And spiderwort grows well in my zone 4b so I'll plant some next spring. Great photos and thankyou for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the look out for plants my bees can use. spiderwort grows well in my zone 4b so I'll plant some next spring. Great photos and thankyou for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Florence

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.