Sunday, April 27, 2014

Raccoon, Squirrels, Red Headed Skink, Red Bellied Woodpecker 4.27.14

I was watching the Raccoon work at digging up worms or whatever he was finding in the biodegradable hole, when this squirrel came down the tree.

086cs

When they spot one of the cats they flag their tails and chatter to warn the others.

It came down for a closer look.

095cs

It never flagged or gave any warning. I guess they know the Raccoon is not a threat. I was sure surprised.

It jumped down on the ground and started looking for seeds under the feeder.

097cs

098cs

Here’s one on the table top having breakfast. I put all of “Babe’s” (Lovebird) old feed out for them.

089cs

This is a Red Headed Skink.  It lives in and around this old stump. This one is only about 4 inches long. I’ve seen them as big as 6 inches. Great little bug eaters.

009cs

This is the first Blue Jay I have ever seen in my back yard. It gave me a photo op and then left.

011cs

The bees, butterflies and Northern Parula Warblers are not the only birds who feed on the Bottle Brush Bushes. This Red Bellied Woodpecker was finding something to it’s liking.

003cs

They also feed on the table top and other feeders. Cute bird.

006cs

We do enjoy the wildlife around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.