Monday, January 14, 2013

Red Bellied Woodpecker

One of the things I like best about winter in Florida?  The cool nights make it possible to enjoy a woodstove.

030cs

I started a fire about 6 am…..around 0715 the birds really started to come to the feeders.

The next thing I like about winter in Florida?  I had all my windows and doors open by 10 am.

I believe this is a female Red Bellied Woodpecker.

035cs

Isn’t she beautiful?

036cs

Looks like she may have a striped sunflower seed.

038cs

Not sure what she has in this one. Notice how she uses her tail to stay balanced.

040cs

She came with the Titmice, but there were only a few birds.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.