Sunday, December 9, 2012

OOPS!! I don’t think “Duffer” fits anymore

We’ve been calling this raccoon “Duffer”. Because it’s face is so grey….we thought it was an old fellow.

023cs 

Now I believe it is a “mask less” raccoon.

It wasn’t until I took these pictures of her and the babies that I realized she wasn’t grey….she just didn’t have a mask.

I started searching and found this blog  http://dorispotter.blogspot.com/2010/04/special-raccoon.html     Her photo of a mask less raccoon convinced me. Check her photos…she has some beauties.

008cs

Those little guys are soooo cute. In the picture above they hear Jim working on the boat.

This is one of the first days she brought them out and they were pretty skittish.

026cs

Every little noise sent them scurrying back into the bushes.

029cs

The edge of the yard has a lot of undergrowth….tall grass and weeds. This one is coming out of one of the tunnels thru it that they use.

035cs

Here is a short video of them looking for food. I have been putting dog biscuits down there for them ……to help Momma get a good start. I’ll cut back so that she teaches them to look for natural food. They’ll be able to come in for a drink and a biscuit but it will not be their main food supply.

We did see another mother with 3 babies. They were much larger than these two, and only came in for water then left. No treats for them.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,

    I just discovered your blog and this posting of your lovely mask-less raccoon and your kind words about my blog. I loved your video.

    I will bookmark your blog and read more entries when I have more time.

    Happy Holidays!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.