Thursday, June 7, 2012

Viceroy Butterfly

The Viceroy Butterfly visits once in awhile.  It is easy to mistake it for a Monarch at a quick glance. The Monarch doesn’t have that line across it’s hind wings.

004cs

Their color is much richer than the Monarch’s.

007cs

This one didn’t mind posing…but wouldn’t spread it’s wings for very long.

008cs

I believe their host plant is a Willow and I don’t have any in my yard, so they don’t come in very often. I guess it was after my Buddleia plant.

013cs

Pretty little fellow…guess I’ll have to plant some Willow to keep them coming.

1 comment:

  1. He is a pretty little fellow and your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.