Thursday, April 28, 2011

Indigo Buntings

I took these last week and haven't seen them since. I guess they have migrated North for the summer.002cs

The green birds are either juvenile Painted Buntings or females. I have seen one several times a day …but only one.

004cs

The Indigos usually come a few weeks after the Painted Buntings get here in November.

They are in their beautiful breeding color just before they leave. This one is gorgeous.

Enjoy them at the feeders.

When you get a number of Indigo and Painted Buntings at the feeder it is a beautiful sight, then toss in a couple of bright Red Cardinals and what more could you ask.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific birds to have in your yard! I get an indigo Bunting at my feeder maybe once a year. They stop for a couple of seeds and then they're gone again until the next year.Nice photos and video too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.