Thursday, May 1, 2014

Turkey Hen, Peacock 5.1.14

One of the nicest things about living here is the critters that stroll into our yard.

Sure….there are lots of bugs..mainly because I don’t use pesticides here. So there is stuff for birds etc to eat.

I was thrilled to see this little hen turkey in the back yard. She has evidently been here before since she knew right where the feeder was and where the seed falls on the ground.

001cs

She headed right for it.

002cs

But imagine my surprise when I looked out and saw this beautiful peacock.

014cs

It went into the back yard…under the feeder…

037cs

Is he beautiful?

He has been in here 3 days in a row.

055cs

Without a hen we didn’t get a nice display of those beautiful feathers.

060cs

This afternoon he spent time lying under my Bottle Brush Bush…hope he makes this area his home. My neighbor has a nice big yard and both of us are surrounded by woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.