Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Look what came to dinner…..Opossum

I was loading up the wood stove, when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. At first, I thought it was one of the cats coming up for their “breakfast milk”.

002cs

After finishing up the milk, it made sure the plate was licked clean.

004cs

It has been back several times….the cats just lay on the deck and watch it. A few weeks ago I saw one about half again as big, with very dark, almost black hair….but it hasn’t been back or near the deck.

You’d think the 3 cats would run off all the wildlife…but they don’t. The Opossum, the Raccoons and the Armadillos all share the yard with them.

But I don’t see any fruit rats anymore, and the tangelos are getting ripe.

2 comments:

  1. Funny the cats don't object to getting their milk lapped up! The wildlife in your yard is so very different than what I see in mine. Yesterday I had a cute little red fox hunting and digging in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all those critters were here first and they grew up with them? They don't come in to eat until the cats have had their fill..that might be why there is no trouble.

      We have had bobcats...but not lately. No foxes...would love to have them too. Have you gotten the idea that I love wildlife?

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.