Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Goldenrod?

It grows to 5 or 6 ft tall…it does look like some of the pictures of Goldenrod that I have found…but not sure.

There are patches like this through out the tree farm.  Only a few hundred feet from my hives. (in a bee line)

019cs

Whatever it is…the bees love it.

022cs

025cs

I was taking pictures of Honeybees on this plant….and was surprised to see this bee.

It has big eyes similar to a Drone…but Drones do not feed themselves. They go to the hive and have the workers feed them. It is marked similar to a Honeybee..but the body looks different. Anyone know what it is?

027cs

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the plant is goldenrod. They are many many types, just as there are many many asters, the purple flowers in your last post. The "bee" is actually a fly. I think it's called a Bee Fly! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.