We took a trip to the “Trap Out” hive to see if they needed any more honey. They still had half a quart. I guess there are enough plants blooming that they are getting al they need by foraging.
I lifted the inner cover and took a look to see how they were doing. I was thrilled to see new white comb.
It looks as if they have been working on at least 3 frames.
I didn’t lift any frames out to look for a Queen. The hive will remain in place for another week or two….then we can bring it home. I’ll wait until then and have George (friend and bee mentor) look at the frames with me. He’ll be able to tell if there is a Queen…..if she has been laying….and if there is capped brood, and give me an idea of how the hive is doing.
I’ve seen several of his frames when he worked his hive….have seen a Queen…brood and Drones….but I don’t want to take a chance and be wrong. If there is no Queen, then I will have to buy one.
I took a quick video….it’s not very good because I was rushing to get them covered back up.
I hope my next update is from home.